Tattersalls' rules - Bets on horseracing are governed by 'Tattersalls' Rules of Betting', and form the basis for these rules. These rules or an official announcement by the Tattersalls' Committee will govern the settlement of bets should a situation occur not covered by these rules.
Late Withdrawals - Where a horse is withdrawn before coming under starter's orders, or is officially deemed by the starter to have taken no part in the race and the market has not been reformed, stakes on the withdrawn horse will be returned and winning bets will be subject to deductions in accordance with Tattersalls' rule 4c.
The rate of deduction will be based on the following scale.
Price At Time Of Withdrawal/Deduction in the pound; <o:p></o:p>
1. 1/9 or shorter (1.11 or shorter) 90p <o:p></o:p>
2. 2/11 to 2/17 (1.18 to 1.12) 85p <o:p></o:p>
3. 1/4 to 1/5 (1.25 to 1.20) 80p <o:p></o:p>
4. 3/10 to 2/7 (1.30 to 1.29) 75p <o:p></o:p>
5. 2/5 to 1/3 (1.40 to 1.33) 70p <o:p></o:p>
6. 8/15 to 4/9 (1.53 to 1.44) 65p <o:p></o:p>
7. 8/13 to 4/7 (1.61 to 1.57) 60p <o:p></o:p>
8. 4/5 to 4/6 (1.80 to 1.66) 55p <o:p></o:p>
9. 20/21 to 5/6 (1.95 to 1.83) 50p <o:p></o:p>
10. Evs to 6/5 (2.00 to 2.20) 45p <o:p></o:p>
11. 5/4 to 6/4 (2.25 to 2.50) 40p <o:p></o:p>
12. 13/8 to 7/4 (2.62 to 2.75) 35p <o:p></o:p>
13. 15/8 to 9/4 (2.87 to 3.25) 30p <o:p></o:p>
14. 5/2 to 3/1 (3.50 to 4.00) 25p <o:p></o:p>
15. 10/3 to 4/1 (4.33 to 5.00) 20p <o:p></o:p>
16. 9/2 to 11/2 (5.50 to 6.50) 15p <o:p></o:p>
17. 6/1 to 9/1 (7.00 to 10.00) 10p <o:p></o:p>
18. 10/1 to 14/1 (11.00 to 15.00) 5p <o:p></o:p>
19. over 14/1 over 15.00 no deductions <o:p></o:p>
In the event of two or more horses being withdrawn from the same race before coming under Starter's orders, the total deductions shall not exceed 90p in £.
Should a horse be withdrawn and a new market formed, then any bets laid at a price prior to the new show will be subject to the above deductions.
The above scale will also apply to non runners in early price races. The deduction in such cases will be determined by the price of the withdrawn horse at the time the bet was struck. Any other event where deductions in line with Tattersalls rule 4c apply will also be subject to the above scale.
Place Terms - The place part of each way bets will be settled in accordance with the number of runners taking part in that race as follows: