Proposal is to take a First Four in the Melbourne Cup.
Using the internationally-acclaimed A-B-C method, we can select 12 horses, group them into A=4, B=4, and C=4, and get 10% for $640.
The $640 is made up of 16 shares of $40 each. One player can take more than 1 share.
Each share has the opportunity to name their top EIGHT fancies. We put them into a spreadsheet on a 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 basis and the highest-scoring 12 horses will make up our ticket. The top four will make up the A line, second top four the B line, and third top four the C line.
I will act as Treasurer and will place the bet.
Players will be required to transfer $40 to a nominated bank at first opportunity.
Selected horses should be sent to me by PM - please don't post in this thread until group selections are finalised.
1. We're selling 16 shares of $40.
2. Once the 16 players are identified, I'll PM bank details. Each player agrees to transfer $40 (net of any charges) to the nominated account at first opportunity. Please clearly identify your transfer with you FORUM NAME.
3. Each player is asked to nominate EIGHT horses in order of preference from the Cup field. PLEASE SEND SELECTIONS BY PM. Selections must be received by 18:00 AEST Mon Nov 3.
4. Selections will then be ranked on the basis of 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 points to provide us with the top 12 fancies. If there is a tie, preference will be given to the lowest saddlecloth number.
6. I agree to place a 10% First Four bet on NSW TAB using the A-B-C method. Full details of the bet and proof of placement will be posted on this thread as soon as bet is finalised.
7. Proceeds of the bet, if any, will be shared equally among the players.
8. Players agree to accept the decision of myself as treasurer, and accept that losses may occur due to errors, omissions, etc. The players agree to accept such risk.