If you don't think that legtimate 10/1, or much shorter, pops don't get sent out at >30/1 ( beyond 60/1 in fact ) have a look at these stats for an
Open 1100m race at Caulfield today
1) the horse has a career place strike rate of 81% from 21 starts
2) the horse has finished within 0.6 lengths of the winner or won 5 of it's last 6 starts
3) remembering todays race is only an Open class race 3 of those 6 starts were in Group 2 or Group 3 races and was in the quinella evey time!
4) the horse has never failed to finish in the placings at the track, or at the the class of this race
5) a good track today and the stats for that are 18:8:7
6) the distance range today stats are 18:9:5
7) ave $ of $19,379 - almost line ball with the3 4/1 favs
So what price did this donkey start at - a mere 40/1
Only finished 4th but thats fine for FF punters - I was walking on the beach so I dont know if the apprentice did good or bad or whether the horses prices were manipulated BUT I do know many many many punters simply can't do the form to allow this.