JESSICA HOWARD, Mercury
December 18, 2019 2:15pm
ONE of Tasmania’s premier thoroughbred trainers has fronted court on a string of drug and firearms charges.
Scott Peter Brunton, who runs Brunton Racing out of stables at Seven Mile Beach, appeared in the Hobart Magistrates Court this morning.
He has been charged with one count each of:
– possessing a controlled drug
– using a controlled drug
– possessing a thing used for administration of a controlled drug
– possessing a firearm when not the holder of a firearm licence of the appropriate category
– possessing ammunition when not the holder of the appropriate firearm licence
– possessing a detachable magazine
– possessing a shortened firearm.
Mr Brunton’s lawyer Greg Barns asked Magistrate Chris Webster to adjourn the matters without plea.
Mr Brunton was bailed to reappear on April 7.