Rules And Regulations1. Selections must be posted before 6 pm "Qld Time" (or 7 pm Syd/Melb when daylight savings starts), at which time the day's competition will be closed to new selections.
||GEORGE MAIN/MAKYBE DIVA
||GOLDEN ROSE/RUPERT CLARKE
||SPRING CHAMPION/TURNBULL STKS
||CAULFIELD CUP DAY
||COX PLATE DAY
||MELBOURNE CUP DAY
2. Any selection must be posted at least 5 minutes before the race, otherwise it will be excluded from consideration (all other valid selections stand).
3. In the event that a selection is posted with a name not matching the Race and TAB number, then the name is used as the selection
4. If more than 4 selections are posted, then the first four will be accepted as the selections.
5. Selections must be unique i.e. they cannot be repeated for the same horse in the same race.
6. The convenor of the competition may rule individual selections invalid if they do not meet the rules in regard to posting times or there are editing discrepancies.
7. If a selection is a late scratching, the player may add a new selection before 6 pm lockout as long as it conforms to Rule 2. No replacements accepted after 6 p.m.
8. Retrospective adjustments to the results may be made at any time by the convenor to reflect a correction of an error, or errors.
9. To be eligible for any prizes, players must have made at least 15 selections for the duration of the competition.
10. The convenor has the right to disqualify players from the competition if they break forum rules.
11. Any decision by the convenor may be appealed to the panel of adjudicators.
12. The decision of the adjudicators is final.
13. By participating in this competition, the player agrees to abide by the rules and regulations.Guidelines1. Subs are not accepted in this competition. You must re-post your selections if you notice a scratching
2. Do not edit your original post if making changes. Quote your original post in a new post and explain the difference.
3. Substitute nominations can be made to cover scratchings, but they must be clearly stated as subs in the repost - see Guidelines 1 and 2.
4. Multiple selections in a single race are permitted, but not the same horse (see rule 5)
5. For the purposes of determining the time of a post, the seconds are dropped. e.g. if a selection is made at 2:10:45, and the race starts at 2:15, then this will be accepted. A selection after 2:11:00 would not.
In general, whilst there is money on offer for prizes, we run these competitions for a bit of fun. Make sure you enjoy yourself.
Also, the collation of the results is a manual process and mistakes are invariably made. Please politely point out any errors you spot and the convenor will be grateful and correct them.
Adjudicators: Moderators of this forum by vote.How To Play
Anyone who is a member of this forum can play, and anyone can commence tipping at any time during the comp.1. On a scheduled raceday (or set of racedays*), submit between 1 and 4 selections from any Australian or NZ Gallops meeting covered by the NSW TAB
2. A hypothetical $10 win, $5 each way and $10 place is placed on the NSW TAB and the results recorded.
3. At the conclusion of the comp, the best profit is scored as the winner.
4. You must make at least 15 selections over the duration of the comp to be eligible for any prizes.
5. Anyone can start tipping at any time during the comp. However, be aware of (4) above
6. A deduction of $1 to the profit of a player is applied for incorrect syntax, cancelled out by posts that are syntactically correct.Syntax
(see How To Play 6.)
We demonstrate by exampleCorrect
BR7 #3 Zed Man
- carefully note the spacing and the use of the hash. Instead of a hash you can use a dot (not a comma!)
BR7 .3 Zed Man
is acceptable, and is easier for tablet and Smartphone users.Incorrect examples
(earns a $1 penalty)
BR7 #3Zed Man
BR7 3 Zedman
Brisbane R7 #3 Zed Man