@stevo63, I have checked into the matter that you described and essentially the rule is that deductions will always apply from when we take the runner out of our market. Whilst it is unfortunate that the runner was not scratched in our market at the time this bet was placed, the deduction was applied as the price would have been shorter should it have been already scratched when the bet was placed.
I would like to note that we are looking at how we can improve the timing of these going forward.
As always, thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for your answer - my questions to you are
Lets go to todays racing (championships meeting) and a horse is scr at 6.47am do think its acceptable to be
1) still taking bets on the market 1 hour and 5 minutes AFTER after it had been scr - 25 minutes AFTER interim scratchings - and 5 minutes AFTER final scr - then deduct as if a late scr (like how the first query was answered - late scr) ????
2) expect a much larger punting crowd to accept such?
3) do you think its reasonable the run of the mill punter would expect a horse scratched 65 minutes prior for the TAB to have adjusted the market?
4) does the average punter now have to scan the TAB market for scratchings before placing a bet via Dynamic?
5) does the average punter have to scan the TAB website/app to make sure TAB have got all the scratchings out 22 minutes after interim scratchings
6) do you think the average punter even checks for scratchings when betting?
7) do you think 99.9% of punters just cop the raw prawn and accept it without question justifying the TAB continuing on blurting on them?
do you think the TAB (and all corps) should HAVE TO CLOSE the markets at scr time thus never ever taking a bet after scratching time until reopen once adjusted and then never have this problem?
ITS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH and the old you wouldnt have got those odds anyway - well it got to LONGER odds very quickly after the usual 380+ place percentage openers rort!
and the simple FACT is by allowing DYNAMIC odds to accept bets when they had it scr and where the customer cant see if TAB still has the scratching in the market the customer is betting blind at all times RE the TAB using Dynamic
anyone here as well p2 can post their answer to mine if you wish .....