Fantastic day's racing today.
Congratulations to the MRC for putting on a wonderful Diamond/Oakleigh Plate meeting.
The meeting in Sydney is also very good.
In Melbourne I thought:
R2 #1 Aramayo
- the toppies in these set weights 3yo races are always well in at the weights and the form looks strong.
R5 #1 Zousain
- pretty short but picks himself
R6 #1 Hartnell
- Barrier 8 a little bit tricky but cannot believe I got $20. His first up run was full of merit and Cummings has allowed him some time between runs. Orr winner #9 Manuel
also looks overs at $19 for mine if he can get a soft lead again.
R7 Diamond #13 Athiri
- giving her another chance - was a bit cluttered up first time reverse way of going and could improve.
R8 Plate #3 Nature Strip
- the 1100m and barrier looks ideal.
R9 #8 Avilius
- first up over 1800m should be no worry going on past campaigns
R1 Highway - #2 Burning Crown
- too skinny for me but looks a peach. Might start off a parlay or something.
R2 Silver Slipper - #3 Tassort
looked a beast at his only start but it was a small field and wouldn't dismiss #2 McLaren
. #1 Time To Reign
shouldn't be 3 deep the whole way this time so could improve
R4 #7 Seaway
- another shortie to stick into exotics
R5 Hobartville #1 The Autumn Sun
- Ladbrokes lay. They were offering $1.80 but have brought him into $1.70. Barrier trials have been so-so.
R7 Millie Fox #7 I Am Serious
15 starts for 8 wins and 6 placings hard to go past. #2 Daysee Doom
struck a Heavy track first up last time but is usually in top form early on in the prep.
R9 #6 All Too Royal
has won 6 from 6 over the 1100m and cannot see why he won't make it 7
Will be disappointed if there are not at least 5 winners in amongst those highlighted